Thursday, May 5, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge for May

Once again it's time to put together another counterfeit kit and I have looked so forward to this day since finishing up my April kit!  Lots of pinks and reds in this one - not colours that I typically use together - so it should be interesting to see the layouts I create.

This is the inspiration kit from Work In Progress Kits:



As luck would have it (or just the plain and simple fact that I have a lot of "stuff" in my stash!), I actually had five of the kit papers so I included these and just needed to find five more to replace the remaining papers.  This made the whole process go a lot faster this time around.  I know I've added waaaay too many tags and embellishments but once I get started it's hard to know when to stop!  This time I decided not to include cardstock or kraft paper in my kit and will just pull what I need as I do my layouts.

Here's what I came up with:


The papers I used are:

Jillibean Soup - Grandmas Christmas Soup - Pinch Christmas Cheer
Basic Grey - Life of the Party - How You've Grown
Pink Paislee - Hometown Summer - Fruit Stand
Pink Paislee - Hometown Summer - Summer Fun
My Mind's Eye - Garden Party - Lush Blooms Lollipop Dots
Scenic Route - Sonoma - Claudia Drive
Basic Grey - Life of the Party - Confetti Cake
October Afternoon - Report Card - Bus Route
Jillibean Soup - Minestrone - Elbow Macaroni
Pink Paislee - Hometown Summer - Neighborhood Pool

This kit has such a fun, summery feel to it.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get some of my vacation photos from last year scrapped so I can finish up that album before this summer rolls around.

If you haven't yet tried putting together one of these kits I'd really recommend it if you're looking for a fun way to use up some of your stash.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

27 comments:

  1. WOW! I love it! I love the cloud on the Sassafrass embellishment pack. Can't wait to see what you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit looks totally yummy!! This will be so much fun to play with since it is so vibrant! That is terrific that you had 5 of the papers! What a fun bunch of embellishments! Looking forward to seeing your creations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is an awesome kit! You did a great job choosing embellishments to go with that fun kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great kit! I love all the embellishments you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kit, great job. I love all your embellishments. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great kit. I love all the tags and I can't wait to see what you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm usually not a big fan of pink and red together, but it's totally working in your kit! I can't wait to see what you do with it, because I think I'll need some inspiration for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, what a pretty kit! I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun summery kit! I love all the embellies you have...can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. I have those same chipboard letters...you have inspired me to pull them and throw them into my kit too!
    Love all your tags, embellies and those little single words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are fast girly! Love your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kit is perfect! I love how it is similar to the original kit but is so personalized to your style! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kit is lovely it's so bright and summery I can't wait to see what you do with it x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great kit, I love the sassafrass stickers and the little bird and trees near the bottom. I've been watching CKC since it started but not tried it yet, but I'm very inspired to go through my stash for this one! I'll be back to see what you make with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun kit!! I can't wait to see what all you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great kit - lots of fun embellishments. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too many embellishments? No! Looks like the perfect amount to me - it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kit is so bright and fun! Can't wait to see what you do with it :) PS... you can never have too many embellies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm lost.... LOL Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely kit. How do you remember he suppliers for all your paper? i try, but I just can't keep them in order

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful kit, Susan! Your papers are great-I love that you already had the Hometown Summer papers. Aren't they adorable? Great embellies, too! I can't wait to see your May pojects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've made this kit your own - well done - hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great great take on the kit and lots of wonderful embellies. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You were so lucky to have some of the same papers! I love all the fun embellishments you added! Awesome kit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute! I didn't get in on this for May, but I will for June. :) School is almost over and I'll be able to focus on crafting! Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.