Jen and I got together today for our first day of making the Embellished Paper Doilies which I mentioned in my last post. What a great day we had! Before getting together we had each gathered everything we'd need for the first three doilies. It was fun to compare what we had pulled from our stashes and then to decide what we'd use in the construction of the doilies.
We were actually lucky enough to have many of the same products which Christine Middlecamp had used and this has allowed us to stick pretty close to her colours and design. When we didn't have what the project called for, we did our best to improvise and this is where the Cricut was really useful. We still get such a feeling of satisfaction when we create with the Cricut!
Here are my first three creations:
Much to my dismay, after taking these photos I realized that two of the leaves that I made for the first doily are sitting backwards with their veins pointing the wrong way! That'll be the first order of business for me at Jen's next week to correct that error.
We are loving the uniqueness and beauty of these little works of art. It's amazing what can be created using just bits and pieces from our stashes and we're looking forward to seeing this project come together slowly week by week.
Until next time...