Saturday, September 10, 2011

10 on the 10th - Things I Did This Summer

Hard to believe it's already time for another 10 Things list!  This past month has just flown by for me.  Although we've been enjoying a heat wave here recently, I know the cooler weather will be on its way very soon.  So, with that in mind I thought it would be a good time to recap some of the things I did this summer by way of photos.


1. Visited the Muttart Conservatory where we enjoyed seeing a variety of beautiful flowers and plants.


2. Helped Matt with his community garden plot and enjoyed eating his "crops". 


3. Went geocaching with Richard and had many adventures along the way.


4. Took a walk through history at Fort Edmonton Park with Jen & Rob.


5. Did yet more organizing of my scrapping area (one of the things I really enjoy about this hobby) and finished a layout or two in the process.


6. Played Aggravation with Jen & Rob...lots of fun and lots of laughs!


7. Enjoyed seeing our backyard garden bloom throughout the season...as this is our first year in this house we didn't know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised with the lovely garden of perennials that the previous owner planted.


8. Took a trip to Jasper and saw the amazing scenery and wildlife.


9. Spent time in the backyard - relaxing, reading and playing backgammon.


10. Spent my Scrappy Tuesdays at Jen's place completing this beautiful shadow box which now hangs proudly in my home. (Based on a tutorial by Christine Middlecamp)


If you'd like to read some more fun and interesting 10 Things lists, just hop on over to Shimelle's blog and you'll find plenty more linked up there.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

8 comments:

  1. cool adventures during your 10 on the 10th . I noticed you forgot to mention that you guys LOST in aggravation. LOL dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post to read! A terrific summer for sure and fun photos to look at! I might play along next month. This seems like a fun post to have on the blog to look back on in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful summer - great photos. Enjoy scrapping them, if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great summer you had..beautiful pictures and Jasper looks amazing,love your shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that shadow box and we like to geocache too. looks like a pretty good summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine summer indeed, not bad for our first in Alberta. Looking forward to next summer, today sure feels like summer is over, didn't go much over 15c, overcast and windy. Sure we'll have more warm days before Alberta winter sets in.

    ps: I do recall blanking dbnl's team 4-0 on our first team Aggravation match!!!!
    YDH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great summer. Nice shadow box. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great summer for you guys & I love the scenery in Jasper :) Thanks for commenting on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.