Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Anniversary Inspiration

I've been inspired to create a couple of layouts this past week, one of which I'll share today.  I've had a great picture of Chris sitting in my "to be scrapped" photo box for over a year but I could never figure out how I wanted to scrap it for the simple reason that he's wearing a lavender shirt and purple is just not my thing when it comes to scrapbooking.  Then three small things occurred to make the scrappy stars align and I finally had a vision.

1. Jen and I had a discussion about the photo since she's got a copy of it sitting with her to-be-scrapped photos and she doesn't know what to do with it either!  We decided that using a gold palette would probably be the best compliment to the shirt.

2. Shimelle Laine  posted a great Scrapbook Starting Point and I knew this was the perfect direction to take in regards to the design of the layout.

3. Richard and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary and he gave me Purdy's chocolates wrapped in paper that absolutely confirmed the perfect colour pallette for the photo.  (The wrapping is wrinkly in the photo because I opened the box to eat a chocolate before I'd even set foot out of bed yesterday morning and then re-wrapped the box to take the photo.  Yes, chocoholic I am!)


So with all of this newfound inspiration I got to work yesterday and created this layout of Chris using my favourite grad photo of him.


I'm glad to finally have this moment in Chris' life documented and now it just remains to be seen what Jen eventually does with the photo! ;-)

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. The box of chocolates was the perfect sign that you were on the right track! Great LO and now I am inspired to figure out what to do with my copy of the photo. I'm still thinking gold! Hey, if it was me wanting into those chocolates, I would have ripped up all that beautiful wrap trying to get to the sweets quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture of Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice layout :)
    Neelu
    http://creatingmemorieswithtna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the choice of colors.. beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.