Friday, September 16, 2011

Crate Paper's Fabulous Farmhouse!

There were so many great products released at the last CHA show but, I have such a large stash of supplies now that I seriously need to make a dent in, so I knew I had to enforce some sort of limit on myself for when all the new stuff started showing up in the scrapbooking stores.

I decided to buy just one paper line and the one that spoke to me was Crate Paper's Farmhouse.  I absolutely love the gardening theme and rich colours of the papers and the matching buttons and fancy brads are to die for.  It's seriously good stuff in my opinion!

As luck sometimes goes, my parents came for a visit a couple of weeks ago and my father, ever generous as he is, gave me a nice monetary gift to use for scrapbooking supplies.  To take that luck one step further, the very next evening I received an email from my LSS announcing that CP's Farmhouse line had finally arrived in the store.  You can imagine my excitement!  The next morning I was at the store just after it opened and got the paper collection pack, chipboard diecuts, buttons and brads.  It's all as wonderful as I knew it would be.

Farmhouse was perfect for scrapping this photo of Matthew at his community garden plot.  He's an avid gardener so one of the best discoveries he made when we moved here last year was that the church across the street from our condo complex has a community garden which he was able to join.


I used this great sketch from Sketch Savvy:



Until next time...
Susan :-)

6 comments:

  1. This turned out fabulous!! This is just perfect for your photo! I love the title piece. I have been eying that line as well!!! I truly do not need it either. But, I have a ton of garden photos!!!! This sketch is also on my list to do as well... ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page, Susan! I love your handwritten description. It all came together so perfectly; what a wonderful memory of a happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific LO !! Love how you used the Farmhouse paper! So perfect for this photo of Matt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooo! lovee the sketch !!!!!!!!loveeee yr take more !!!!!!!!!!!!amen to the CP farmhouse , sweetie !!!!!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Susan! Your hand written journaling gives it such a special touch.

    I'm loving this line, though I love the look of the OA one too. I'm conflicted lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, you have co ordinated the papers, embellies so well and the inking just takes it to another level!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.