Thursday, September 22, 2011

Returning to my Love of Cross-Stitching

I'd forgotten how much I love doing cross-stitch!  It had been years and years since I'd done any projects but, seeing Jen work on her redwork sampler this summer sparked my interest again.  I'd always wanted to do a sampler and found a pattern in a magazine of Jen's.  Recently our Scrappy Tuesdays have been renamed Crafty Tuesdays and we've both been happily stitching away while we sit and chat.  I had thought to work on my sampler exclusively on Crafty Tuedays but that just isn't realistically part of my personality!  Once I get going on a project I want to finish it as soon as possible so I worked on my stitching at home too and finished up this Harvest Sampler in a few weeks.



Now all that's left is to have it framed and hang it in our living room.  I started working on my next project this past Tuesday.  It is the same Little House pattern that Jen is currently doing.


I decided to stitch it on 28-count Monaco cloth instead of 14-count Aida.  It's my first time using anything other than Aida cloth. I really like the way it looks but working with this fabric requires a bit more concentration to count the threads.


I only made a bit of progress on it and had to backtrack twice when I discovered I'd made mistakes. I know I'll get used to it with time.  I'm so happy to be back doing a hobby that gives me so much enjoyment and especially to be able to have that common interest with my sister.  How lucky are we?

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. We are so lucky to have so many common interests! Can't wait to see this sampler finished on that fancy fabric. It looks so rich! I made some headway yesterday on my house and got windows in! I was actually able to stitch on the sofa with the pups sleeping around me. Gus only stood on the fabric twice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!!! I love that new one you started too!!! I bet it is going to look amazing on Monaco cloth. I have stitched on different size Aida and I have one I started on Irish linen, but never Monaco cloth. I need to free up some stitching time and get going on my house that I started YEARS ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love crosstitching!! Amazing work. I've only stitched one design that on that small of of a count.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.