Monday, September 26, 2011

Shimelle's Sketch of the Week

I played along with Shimelle's Sketch of the Week again this week.  The sketch is very linear, very simple, and I have to admit that initially there were no waves of inspiration washing over me.  I wasn't sure what I'd do for that fancy tag shape and that scattered confetti was really throwing me off.  I wavered a couple of days on whether I'd give it a try and finally went along with my new scrapping philosophy - JUST SCRAP IT!

The layout features our cats, Tabby and Stripo, modeling the goofy St. Patrick's Day hats that Matthew bought for them.  Who doesn't love an animal wearing a hat?  They weren't too thrilled about the whole thing but luckily stayed still long enough that we could get a couple of pictures.


After searching through all my diecuts and journaling tags and not finding anything appropriate, I finally put my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge to use to cut the fancy tag that's under the title.  I layered up two different sized tags and then added some stitching around the inside to give it definition.  Jen gave me the five square metal studs - possibly more leftovers from one of her Studio Calico kits.  They were just what I needed as a base for my "confetti" clusters.  I then punched yellow and grey dots with a very tiny hole punch and added these randomly around the studs.  Voila!  Confetti clusters accomplished.

I stayed very true to the original sketch:


This layout may not have begun easily for me, but to sort of quote my latest scrapbooking heroine, Shimelle, "I quite like the result."

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Another terrific LO Susan!! I am so glad that you scrapped these funny photos of Stripo and Tabby. The tile work is great and love all the patterned paper you pulled! Loving the confetti clusters too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout, that last button made all the difference ;)

    Funny pictures, didn't know our cats were Irish, I guess neither did they!
    YDH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats in Hats - what's not to love? Great layout and your confetti clusters came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! what great photos! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.