Thursday, January 5, 2012

Knitting For a Cause...

I'm beginning to think that it might be a good idea to change the name of my blog as it seems I spend a lot of time posting about my recent love of knitting instead of my so-called passion for paper.  Indeed, I may just do that and my brain is busy working on a name that would encompass both of these things.  In the meantime I'll leave things as they are and write once again about knitting...

Jen and I are working on a new charity project, knitting scarves for the 2012 Special Olympics Canada Winter Games which will be held here in Alberta in about two months.  The goal is to gift all of the athletes, their families and supporters, coaches and volunteers with unique hand-knit scarves.  That's a lot of scarves!  2500 will be needed, 1500 have been knit so far and the deadline for collection is February 1st.

With this in mind, Jen and I are dedicating our Crafty Tuesdays (and as much other free time as we can manage) to this cause.  And that means that for the moment, Gus' golden dog sweater has been put on hold...


As well as this sock-monkey-to-be...


Not to mention Richard's promised black hat which for the time being will exist as just a ball of yarn full of potential.  We'll dedicate as much time as we can, knitting and knitting as we commit to helping out for this worthy cause...


Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. This wonderful mission takes priority over any other projects, including my new hat!

    Anyway winter has yet to arrive to Alberta. So my old hat will do fine.

    Keep on knitting girls, those wonderful athletes deserve your handsome scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the monkey is shaping up! Your scarf looks terrific. I'm doing that pattern next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine project to be part of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....now I'm working on a knitting/scrapping name for your blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.