Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Twenty Four Feet for a Good Cause

Yes, twenty four feet of knitting has been completed, resulting in four 6-foot scarves which will be donated to the Canadian Winter Special Olympics.  By the time I got to the end of the fourth scarf I'd definitely had my fill of making these but I'm happy to have been able to help out with this.  Jen also finished four scarves and her mother-in-law, Pat, was able to do five.  That's a lot of stitches!

   
There has definitely been more knitting going on around here than any other craft, but I did finally venture down to my scrap room last week and have almost finished a layout.  Hopefully I'll get it posted within the next couple of days. 

Until next time...
Susan :-)

7 comments:

  1. Your scarves turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! Love them as I am sure they will love them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine job you did with these - I love that shade of blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Susan! They are beautiful and, wow, so long! They will no doubt keep four Special Olympians very warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! That is a lot of knitting!! I am sure the lucky recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann

    Beauties Susan,

    Congratulations, they are lovely. They will be much appreciated. Very kind of you to have knitted them.

    annsalert

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, and such a great cause! I used to coach Special O swimming, and I just loved it...and a friend of ours is currently a Special O bowler! So on behalf of us both, "thanks"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.