Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Knit One, Purl One, then Knit Some More...

I recently fell into that knitting vortex, the one that's hard to escape from once you've been sucked in.  I hadn't meant to start knitting again.  In fact, I had spent a few days totally organizing my scrapping space, putting away the piles of paper and embellishments that I had acquired from Jen over the past couple of months.  I had photos and paper laid out on my work table ready to be scrapped.  And then, before I could get to work on scrapping, I decided to take a trip to the thrift store.

I found a nice ball of yarn for a really good price and that was the beginning of the knitting.  I couldn't resist the urge to make something.  So I knit.  I made a nice pair of mittens to give to charity next winter...


It had been quite a while since I'd knit anything and my hands and one finger in particular were sore but I knit through the pain and kept going!  LOL  I went over to Jen's for one of our weekly crafty days and she gave me two balls of really great yarn called Bravo Jacquard Color.  This amazing yarn is dyed in such a way that it knits up into a beautiful striped pattern.  The knitting had to continue and I made two more pairs of mittens, one which I gave to Jen for a friend's daughter, and this pair (that still needs a bit of final seaming) which will be donated to charity....isn't that pattern great?

I also made a hat which I decorated with a crocheted flower.  When I showed it to Jen yesterday she told me that I had to put a photo of it on my blog so here it is...


And the knitting continues...there are mitts to match the hat pictured above and a second hat currently in progress to which I'll be adding a cute flower...I'm not sure how long this will last but I'm also getting the itch to make another pair of socks for myself and have borrowed three knitting books from the library.

So much to create, so little time.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh lovely creations and that hat just makes me smile!!! Some little girl will be so proud to wear it!! Knit on Sista!!! ;) BTW I have that "Hey Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind" song stuck in my head. Not sure why?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware the knitting vortex! Lovely variegated yarn makes the vortex even stronger. I love the anticipation of knitting into the next colour.

    As always, your knits are awesome. There will be some very happy recipients, indeed. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful are these! Someone is going to be very thrilled to be wearing them ... That wool is so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.