Friday, May 25, 2012

"On The Go"

I recently came across another challenge series which Shimelle Laine is hosting at UKScrappers called "& now for something completely different".  On the 10th of each month she posts a list of supplies which will be needed to create a scrapbook page and then on the 20th she posts a 20-step tutorial of how to create that page.  The link to the current challenge can be found here.

I was intrigued by this month's challenge since it uses a photo strip and Shimelle provides a link to a very cool online tool which you can use to create one from your own photos.  I had several photos of my little nephew Thomas' first real steps and I thought that displaying them in photo strip format would be perfect.

The layout was very quick and easy to put together since I just had to follow the step-by-step instructions.  I deviated from the plan a bit by not using a plain cardstock background as was suggested, but I felt that this one worked better for my page. 


I really like the finished result and I'm happy to have this milestone in Thomas' life documented - he's been walking for well over a year now so it was time to do something with these photos!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. A milestone moment captured beautifully! I love seeing each sweet step in the photo strip. Such a lovely image to take me to the end of my week. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love this LO!! The filmstrip is so great and the photos of Thomas are perfect for it! Love the colour palette here and the linear design!! Wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann May 25th,2012 9:25 PM

    His first steps so exciting for the parents to watch. I love the page and the title with On The Go. Actually everything!

    annsalert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your page - and the fact that you are hanging out on UKScrappers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.