Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt

I'm still having a lot of fun working on collecting photos for Rinda's scavenger hunt.  After a couple of failed attempts, I was finally able to capture a photo of a cloud that looks like something.  The first time, I saw a cloud that looked just like the alien from the "Aliens" movies but unfortunately didn't have my camera with me.

Then just yesterday while we were out geocaching I saw one that looked like a cute bunny with long ears and a fluffy tail.  You don't realize how fast clouds shift and change in the sky until you're trying to take a picture of one.  By the time I'd taken out my camera that bunny was already starting to lose its definition but I pointed my camera toward the sky, pressed the shutter release button and saw a message on the screen that said "Out of Memory".  Huh?  Oh great, I'd left the memory card back at home in my computer!  So much for the rabbit.

But today, as Richard was barbequeing supper I sat out in the back armed and ready with my camera, and looked up at the sky to see what I could see.  Lo and behold I found the perfect cloud!  I give you The Pear...

#12 A Cloud in the Shape of Something - A Pear

A sideways pear but a pear nevertheless.  This cloud is so obviously a pear to me, from the stem to the two leaves to that great pear shape.  Richard is French and his last name, translated to English, means "peartree" so we have this thing for pears and this was the perfect cloud to see! 

Until next time...
Susan :-)

20 comments:

  1. Oh the perfect pear for the Peartrees! I have been looking at clouds and haven't seen a thing. I must need to add in some more imagination. Great shot! This hunt is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo Susan and the fact that it symbolizes your last name is even better! I am waiting for my upcoming vacation to start on Maria's list myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann July 15, 2013 at 1:53 P.M.

    Susan, Love your photo of the Pear. I hope to one day get started on the list of Maria's. We go to the cottage of your cousin Donna August 12, that will be a great place to sit by the lake watching the clouds if I do not get one from our veranda at the condo we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant - well found - my cloud looked like.....wait for it....RAIN!!
    Margaret - glitterandglue

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect pear! what a lovely way to end the hunt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. great pear! Thank goodness you had a camera to capture it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a perfect pear! Fab scavenger snapping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pear photo. An alien sounds interesting as well. I will admit to running for my camera as well for the cloud as they move so fast. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photograph of the pear cloud. A perfect find when you are barbecuing. Andy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cloud shape, at least you managed to find one

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a terrific pear. . . the details are amazing.
    Thanks so much for playing along and linking up today.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! I sympathise completely. I saw my dragon while hanging out the washing and by the time I'd grabbed my camera it was already disappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah for finding a pear - what a great shot. Clouds do change amazingly quickly don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, you were barbequeing and you thought that cloud was a pear and not a drumstick?

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very nice pear!
    The cloud challenge was very tricky for me.
    Greetings from Virginia
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.